Crash-Tested Dog Car Harness
This crash-tested dog car harness keeps you and your pup safe while driving. It has been designed as a dog safety harness, not a converted walking harness. The all-steel Nesting Buckle System is based on the engineering for harnesses used by rock climbers and linesmen ensuring strength and safety.
With five adjustments points, it’s easy to get a near custom fit for any dog, regardless of size and proportions. The chest pad reduces stress on the trachea and sternum while dispersing kinetic energy across the chest of the dog. This is important during those rare, but dangerous impact crashes.
Because it’s designed with comfort in mind, our Enhanced Strength Tru-Fit Harness can also be used as a no-pull walking harness. There’s a halt ring on the front chest plate. If your pup tries to pull, it will just turn him around effectively training him that pulling will get him nowhere!
For maximum crash protection and to limit excursion, you should use the included carabiner to attach the harness to you car seat belt system. For instructions on how to properly use this harness and strap your dog into the car, follow these 3 Steps to Buckle Up Your Pup.
- Protects dogs, drivers and passengers on the road
- Broad, padded chest plate for extra protection and comfort
- Compatible with any vehicle seat belt system
- Includes a carabiner and 10-inch dog seat belt loop
- Functions as an auto or walking harness
- Five adjustment points for a perfect fit on all shapes and sizes
- All-metal hardware
- Machine washable. Line dry.
- For all your dog’s safety needs, check out our complete Car Safety Package
Measure chest and neck to determine harness size. The fit should be snug but not restrictive. See our guide on How to Measure Your Dog for a Harness or watch our video.
Crash Testing Information
This harness has been tested at an established University testing facility using the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard for child restraint systems. It has been tested for dogs up to 75 pounds. See below for a link to the crash test report and videos.
Crash Test Report